all because two people fell in love...

Monday, February 27, 2012

a night to remember.

Should I start by saying it was one of the best nights of my life? Or should I mention that it was our first date night in over a year? Or do I make mention of the amazing dinner we had at Mortons, followed by the hot chocolate molten lava cake that I nearly devoured by myself? All of this is true. What most of you probably don't know is that Bryan and I sort of started out our dating life by watching Kenny Loggins concert DVD's. It was OUR thing. And I'll never forget the moments we shared (and still often share) curled up on the couch together, belting out "Pooh Corner" and "Footloose." We tried to get tickets for a show he was playing locally last November, but tickets sold out before we ever even got the chance to purchase them. So, my wonderful hubby took it upon himself to surprise me with tickets for Christmas. The show was February 10th, and let me tell you it was a LONG wait between December 25th and February 10th! SO. WORTH. THE. WAIT. Seriously. One of THE BEST concerts I've ever seen (if not the best), and so meaningful too. It was a perfect evening out and I can't wait until our next one. I'm SO blessed to say that I'm still head over heels in love with the man of my dreams, nearly 8 years later. I miss him when he's gone and get excited at the mere thought of him coming home. Every time. Thank you for a beyond amazing evening, hunny. I love you. I love how you make me feel. I love who I am when I'm with you. Thank you for constantly inspiring me and for always encouraging me to become "me." Because of you, I've been successful in doing so. And thank you Mom for watching the kids! You're the BEST babysitter ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment