What a week! Five is a milestone you know. A big one at that. I believe everyone should be celebrated on their birthday. After all, that's what birthday's are all about, right? Lucky for Kenz she got to celebrate all week long. And the BIG party isn't until this weekend! I really wanted to make this birthday a special one for her. One she'd never forget. I figured the best way to do that was to celebrate all week long, so that's what we did! On Tuesday we went to American Girl with a couple of our dear friends. Kenz enjoyed sharing tea with her doll and had a great time looking around the store after our lunch. She chose a doctor/injury kit as her present from the store. The kit included both an arm and a leg cast, crutches, a finger splint, an ace bandage, and a booklet on how to treat certain injuries. Right up her alley...my girl sure loves to play doctor! Wednesday was her actual birthday and we let her plan out the day from start to finish. She went to school in the morning and celebrated with her classmates over cupcakes. Not just any cupcakes but ice cream sundae ones. Let me tell you, the girl was specific with what she wanted and since I agreed to make ANY kind she wanted, I had to oblige. They must have been good because once those cupcakes were passed out the room was silent. ;) After school we went to Souplantation (her favorite) and enjoyed a very pleasant lunch with Mimi and The Pagano's. Mackenzie was in heaven and loved being surrounded by some of her favorite people. She opened a few of her gifts and enjoyed some sunshine, then it was time to head to dance. Wednesday is Jazz and Tap day which meant two different choreographed routines to work on. Of course Kenz was in her element and loved every minute. We brought some cupcakes to share with her dance friends as well. From dance we went straight to Don E Brook Ranch to ride Noel the horse. This was the ONE request Kenz had made long before birthday discussions even began. The girl LOVES animals but has recently found a special place in her heart for horses. Kenz was smiling ear to ear while riding Noel and didn't want it to end. I can't say I blame her as I share that same love of horses. After our long day it was home for dinner, a quick "Happy Birthday" song for Kenz and a "5" candle atop her cake of choice. Praise God the girl is simple and is a cheap date like her Mama. :) Of all the cakes, she picked a doggy cake that was made out of two cupcakes. It cost a whopping $4 and the best part is that little brother scored a cupcake out of it. On Thursday we met Goga at Toys R Us so Kenz could pick out one special present from Goga and Papa. She chose a Barbie veterinary kit (shocking, I know) and was delighted with her choice when she and Goga put it together upon arriving home. She's destined for medicine of some sort, I just know it. I had a parent meeting to attend at Legacy that night so Goga watched the kids. From the sounds of things they had a wonderful time and Kenz was so proud to be holding Luke fast asleep in her lap when I walked through the door. Proud Big Sister moment? I think so. Friday was another school day and then we met all of her school classmates at the park for an ice cream social. All of the kids had a wonderful time playing together and LOVED their ice cream sundaes. I enjoyed watching them every bit as much and look forward to hosting another ice cream party in the future! It was definitely an incredible week and fun was had by all. My wish for Kenz is that she always knows how loved and adored she is by so many. Especially us. We hope your 5th Birthday was as special for you as you are to us, baby girl! I can't believe you're really 5! Happiest Birthday, Kenzie Bear.













































No comments:
Post a Comment