To my sweet little ray of sunshine,
This is the first of many letters I will write to you. I thought it would be neat to write you a letter about your 4 month milestones, rather than to list them this time. My, what changes you have made in just one month! You've officially exited the newborn phase and have entered the active baby phase. It saddens me that you don't curl up into a little ball and fall asleep on my chest anymore. In fact, more often than not you prefer to be laid down and left alone to sleep. This self soothing business is new to me! Although it is nice, it's hard for Mommy to accept most of the time. You're teething like crazy, but there's no sign of teeth popping through the gums just yet. You are the most smiley girl I know and you have the sweetest, cutest, most contagious little laugh I've ever heard. Sometimes I tickle you a little bit longer than you'd probably like to tolerate, just so I can hear you laugh one more time. You are an absolute joy to everyone around you. You're a big girl too, weighing almost 16 pounds and measuring 26" long, putting you in the 90th plus percentiles. This month we started Gymboree! You love the class and really enjoy the bubbles and singing. You've started blowing raspberries, grabbing your feet and are ALMOST rolling over. You're so close, but you don't try really hard because you're content just hanging out on your side! You're wearing size 9 month clothes, but still newborn shoes! Teeny, tiny feet just like your big sister always had. One thing you don't like is the car. It's funny how we used to drive your brother and sister around in the car to get them to sleep when they would fight it, but you sleep better at home and hate getting in your car seat! You're developing such a little personality. You've learned to pretend cough to get our attention and you talk constantly. Oh, we just love you so! You complete us, baby bear.
I Love You,
Mama Bear
such a sweet girl! hard to believe it's been 4 months already!
ReplyDelete