all because two people fell in love...

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Potty Training and Cutie Pies...

I know, strange title right? Since I rarely (if ever) blog without pictures, I typically base my title on whatever pictures I will be posting. So...potty training = pictures of Kenz in her "big girl panties" and cutie pies = more pictures of my beautiful children. :) Hopefully now it makes sense!

Today while Luke was napping, Mackenzie and I played in her room...She has a closet organizer with baskets inside of the little cubby holes. One of the baskets is full of hats, headbands, and other hair accessories. Typically I don't let her empty out the baskets and make a huge mess of them, but today I thought...what the heck! She had a blast doing it and I got a lot of cute pictures out of it! I wish I could have taken a picture of every "getup" she tried on, but it would have taken the fun away so I kept the picture taking to a minimum (which you can imagine is almost impossible for me). After our dress up/make a huge mess fun was over, I took a few casual portrait type pictures. I was also changing bedsheets (yes, I am a MAJOR multi-tasker) and decided to play peek a boo with Luke. He had so much fun squirming and rolling around (he is officially rolling over as of today) in the bunched up sheets. He also enjoyed pulling his big sister's hair, which thank God she thinks is funny. We'll see how long that lasts before she's pulling his hair right back!

In potty training news...I'm sad to say I don't have very exciting news. We're making a little progress, but not much. I thought today would be a good day to "test the waters" so to speak, since Kenz has gone "pee pee on the potty" three times in the last couple of days. I knew we would be home all day and figured trying out the "big girl panties" would be a good idea. Well, three pairs of "big girl panties" later (yes, three accidents) I put a diaper on her and called it quits for the day. The good news is that she did actually go on the potty twice while wearing her panties. Progress? Definitely. Ready for full fledged potty training? Not quite. We'll get there...I'm not in a hurry really and obviously neither is she. I'll keep you posted. It'll happen when the time is right...












2 comments:

  1. Two of the MOST BEAUTIFUL children EVER! I think I may have to steal Kenz's pose in the 1st picture! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cute pictures! love them!
    the potty training will happen when it is meant to, take it from someone who thought I would be bald from ripping my hair out before it happened!

    ReplyDelete