Something tells me my kids are going to love and appreciate Christmas time as much as I do. And not for all of the presents either. It's the joy this time of year brings. The festivities. The celebration of our King. The winter wonderland, the hustle and bustle around town, and of course the lights. How could I forget the lights?! This month has been full of festive outings, projects, educating on what Christmas is really about, and of course lots and lots of saying hello to Santa, and even more trips in the car to go see the lights. So this week, the kids wrote a letter to Santa. Okay, so Kenz told me what to write and Luke scribbled on his paper, but they both participated! I was actually quite surprised to hear what Kenz wanted to say, but she's three so what can I really expect? Her letter went something like this: I want...I want...and yep, you guessed it, I want. I guess in part it comes with the territory of three, but it's strange because we haven't taught her to constantly want, want, want. So I did what any other Mom would do...I wrote what she "wants" and then explained to her how nice it would be to include some manners in the letter to Santa. Especially since he will likely bring her what she wants if she is nice, and well behaved. So she asked me to write "may I please have those things?" Good enough. :)
As for the gingerbread house, Kenz had a great time decorating it and could have done it all day. Luke on the other hand was more interested in eating the candy than he was putting the pieces on the house. Typical 20 month old. Typical boy. Gotta love him. :) What isn't typical of a 20 month old is asking to pray...every night at the dinner table, Luke asks to "hand" (hold hands) and wants us to pray. Kenz always says our prayer and each one gets sweeter. I'm not sure there are too many things to be more thankful for than two young children with a strong desire to pray and learn about God. I am so very, very blessed. I hope you're all enjoying this time of year as much as we are.







very sweet! I love that they helped to write their letters!
ReplyDelete