all because two people fell in love...

Monday, May 9, 2011

God's greatest gift.

Being a Mother is truly God's greatest gift. I'll never understand why some people have no desire to have children. It baffles me. But, to each is own I guess. I can't imagine life any other way. Life without children must be lonely and adventure-less. Sure you can travel and go wherever you want, when you want but not having the unconditional love of a child makes life seem so empty. So this is why I'm writing this...my afternoon was anything but wonderful. My kids fought, they made a mess, they whined, cried, fell down, and just plain didn't listen. Luke unrolled an entire roll of wax paper and decorated the kitchen with it. He went pee in his frog potty and before I could even praise him for it, he dumped it all over the tile floor in my bathroom. Kenz whined that it wasn't fair she couldn't play with my cell phone and pouted for 10 minutes because I wouldn't let her have another chocolate covered strawberry before dinner. Such is life. On a side note (because I have to share this happy time we did have today), we did have a lovely brunch this morning. The company was great, the food was amazing and the kids were well behaved. At least the day started off good, right?! I guess my point is...it isn't always easy, but it is wonderful. Because at the end of the day when I sit and watch them sleep, I claim them as mine. I'm proud to call them mine and even more proud to be theirs. Their Mama. Nobody can ever take that away from me. So, on this Mother's Day I want to celebrate that. I want to take the bad with the good and know that no matter what, life is an incredible gift. Even more than that, life as a mother is THE most incredible gift I could ask for. Thank you God for making me a mother, and more importantly for choosing me to be the Mama to these two beautiful, incredible, loving little angels. I am beyond blessed to be their Mama and to be given the opportunity to spend every single day with them and teach them all they need to know to live a righteous, full and amazing life. I can only hope I live up to the expectations they have of me. I love you both to the moon and back! Happy Mother's Day to all!





Highlight of my Mother's Day...Kenz made it at school. It reads:
Stuff 'bout My Mom...
I love my mom because she thinks I'm so beautiful. 
She is 13 years old, 
and her favorite color is white. 
She loves to go to Chipotle and each rice. 
When I am with my mom, we like to play games. 
If I could give my mom anything, it would be a picture of her name. 
Happy Mother's Day!

How's that for some four year old honesty?! Love it. :) And for the record...I'm not 13 and my favorite color is not white. It's green. And I do like Chipotle. :)

1 comment:

  1. almost in tears as I read this post! I love it! Coming from someone who never wanted kids, I can relate to it and love it that much more!

    ReplyDelete