all because two people fell in love...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

picture of the day.

We're trying something new around here...Our sweet, innocent little girl has adopted a bit of an attitude that showed up on her birthday. She still is SUCH a good girl and we are so fortunate to have such a loving, sweet, generous, well-mannered, well-behaved girl. For the few habits she does have that aren't so great, we've decided to try a quarter collecting system. It's a very simple system and goes something like this: When Kenz does something good (i.e. sleeps in her room all night, listens the first time we tell her, without having an attitude, takes initiative on cleaning up, etc...) she gets a quarter (or two) for her jar. When she does something that isn't so good (i.e. talks back, doesn't listen, etc...) she gets a quarter taken away. When she gets 12 quarters, she'll get to cash them in on a carousel ride. 12 quarters doesn't sound like much, but we've been doing this for 3 days now and she only has 6 quarters. Let's just say she's had a few taken away...The more quarters she gets, the bigger the reward. I haven't written out a chart yet, but we've talked about it and discussed what some good rewards would be. My hope is that we can nip the attitude in the butt before it gets out of hand. I know she is only 4 and an element of the sassyness is age related, but I don't want her to think it's okay to roll her eyes and talk back every time Bryan or I asks her to do something she doesn't want to do. I've tried time outs and taking favorite movies and toys away and that didn't seem to work so we're going to give this a try. She's making me work at it because she's never required any sort of strict discipline other than a time out prior to now. So here's to hoping our little quarters do the trick. ;)

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea! I just may have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, you decorated that SUPER cute!! that's next on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued and thinking of my own take on your idea! You'll have to report back on how things go! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete