It seems like yesterday I was watching The Lion King as a kid myself. It was and will always be one of my favorites. I was thrilled to hear a few months ago that it would be coming back to theaters and even more excited at the thought of taking my own kids to see one of my favorite movies of all time. So today, I did just that! My Mom and I took the kids to The El Capitan theater to see it. I figured since it was such a special engagement and we don't go to the movies very often, it was worthy of being seen somewhere special. Kenz loved the movie and is still talking about how cute Simba was as a newborn cub. Luke showed interest the first half, until his two-year-old-I'm-a-boy-and-I-need-to-move-right-now mode turned on. He was squirmy the second half and didn't show a whole lot of interest, but he did manage to make it through the whole movie. After the movie, we went next door to the Disney soda fountain and factory store. I was a little disappointed but I think I had built something else up in my head. Some imaginary Disney wonderland or something. The kids liked it, but I think it's safe to say the main reason is because of the Simba sundae they enjoyed after lunch. :) All in all, we had a great time and despite Luke being tired and uncooperative for half of the trip, I'm thrilled that I got to share this experience with my kids. Seeing the movie brought back a lot of memories and also brought me to tears several times! It's a wonderful movie and definitely tugs at your heartstrings. If you've never seen it, it's a must see!







No comments:
Post a Comment