all because two people fell in love...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

a very special weekend.

What are the odds that Easter Sunday, Luke's birthday and our wedding anniversary all fall on the same day? What a special and momentous day to celebrate! On Friday we went to an egg hunt at the park with some friends. The kids had a great time finding eggs and even more fun eating the candy inside. Luke has a MAJOR sweet tooth and would seriously out eat a candy shop if he could. Oh boy. Saturday we went to two birthday parties and had a wonderful time at both. One was a tea party (big girls only) and the other was at Gentle Barn. Luke missed out on both because he stayed home with Daddy during the tea party and slept through the Gentle barn one. Fortunately he's easy going and not of the age yet where those types of things ruin his day. On Sunday morning we made breakfast at home and enjoyed Daddy's favorite meal together, before heading to church. The service was wonderful as always and we got to spend some time talking with some of our close church friends. Papa, Goga and Auntie came out to go to church with us too. It was nice to share our home away from home with them for the first time. After church we came home to hang out and enjoy a nice Easter meal with our families. My grandma's joined us, as well as The Pagano's and everyone had a great time. The kids especially loved playing outside all afternoon and evening. We did an egg hunt, crafts, and played with Luke's new birthday presents. Luke was on cloud nine all day as his idea of the perfect day is to stay home and play outside! We sang happy birthday to him as he smiled ear to ear over his Dora cake. I let Luke pick out whatever cake he wanted and out of all the cakes, he chose Dora. Because the sample cake was pink, purple and orange, I asked the bakery to make it red instead. The bakery decided to ignore our special order and made it purple and pink with "Happy 2nd Birthday Luke" written on it. Thankfully Luke didn't care one bit because all he noticed was that there was a Dora and Boots figurine on it. :) I feel compelled to blog about the cake in detail because I know Luke will question it one day when he's older and I want him to know it was HIS choice! Dora is currently his favorite show to watch. He just can't get enough of it. I think it's safe to say we all had a wonderful day. Though Bryan and I didn't do anything special to celebrate our amazing 6 years together as a married couple, we did spend the day together and watched a movie once the kids were asleep. Luke had a great day and loved all of the attention and new toys he got. I'm planning to take him to Disneyland next week to celebrate with one last birthday surprise. I can't believe my baby is 3. Where does the time go? I'm just going to continue to count my many blessings and enjoy every moment I can with my family. Happy Anniversary to my amazing husband. I've never known a more loving, caring, hard working, and special man, and I couldn't be more blessed to call him my husband. I love you! Happy 3rd Birthday to my funny, sweet, loving and adorable little guy! You bring so much joy to our lives Lukey and we couldn't possibly love you more! Happy Easter! He is Risen!




I just LOVE him!




Kai-Lynn, Sophia, Kenz and Ella
Kai-Lynn, Ella and Kenz






Daddy LOVE!
Auntie and Kenz






Ooops!

I blew up a bunch of balloons for him the night before and he was SO excited when he woke up!

He wanted to get himself dressed since he's "3" now. :)
Luke and Madalyn

Such a special treat! Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder were at the tea party!
Prince Charming and I







Mimi
Grandma Cindy helping the kids find eggs
He lined them all up so he could count how many he had. :)


Five generations of hands.

86 years between hands.
Five generations. So blessed.


















No comments:

Post a Comment