all because two people fell in love...

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas

What a day! It all started at 6:29 a.m. Kenz woke up and announced excitedly that Santa had come. Luke was still sleeping so I asked her to wait until he woke up and much to my surprise, she said that was okay. Less than an hour later, we were downstairs checking out all of the cool, new gifts Santa had brought. And of course the cool, new gifts Mommy and Daddy bought as well. Mackenzie asked for a train set and that is exactly what she got. Check out the video of her excitement when she first spotted the train set from the top of the stairs. Priceless. Luke got a red push car. Check out the video of his excitement as well when I first put him in it. I'd say they were pretty happy with their new toys!

We spent Christmas morning home, lounging in our pajamas, eating breakfast, and playing with our new stuff. I made Bry a dvd slideshow of our life together (from dating days til now) with about 500 pictures on it, so we watched that together as well. Mimi came over late morning to open gifts with us and shortly after lunch, we headed down to my parents house to celebrate with them. We had a wonderful day together.

Bryan decided to have my wedding ring re-done as my Christmas gift this year. You'll see in the picture how gorgeous it is and you can imagine how thrilled I am to be showing it off! Just the icing on the cake, as this Christmas was already the best one yet.

This is the first year Kenz really "got it" and truly understood Christmas. She knows Christmas Day is Jesus' birthday and she grasps the whole concept of Santa and his reindeer delivering toys. Such fun for Bryan and I to see the joy in our little girls eyes and excitement on her face. Lukey enjoyed playing with the wrapping paper and checking out all of his new toys. I can't wait to see what upcoming years have in store for us.

I hope all of you had a wonderfully Merry Christmas, surrounded by faith, family and friends. May God Bless all of you in 2010.





















3 comments:

  1. Great photos and videos! Glad you had such a nice time together, and that's adorable with Kenz and Santa's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Gorgeous ring...congrats :) Looks like Rylee and Luke got a lot of the same things..LOL! I guess there arent a whole lot of choices for Santa for kids their age ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful pictures, and a beutiful family!!

    ReplyDelete