I'm skipping my regular "ten on tuesday" post for something a little bit more profound. Today my little girl started preschool. As most of you know, she hasn't been away from me very much and so you can imagine leaving her at school was not an easy task. I actually handled it better than I thought. And here's why: After dropping Kenz off, I text messaged Bry, my Mom, my Dad and my Mom-in-law. My text message to them said something like "Just left. She's SO happy! And so excited! I miss her already..." Everyone replied their supportive replies, but my Mom-in-law's stood out to me and really hit home. She typed back "the best two things you can give your kids are love and wings." As I read her message, I started to tear up. I started to smile. And I realized she was absolutely right (as she is a lot of the time). I like to think of myself as the one with the wings (you know, keeping my kids under my wing, protecting them, etc...), and I do have those wings. But Kenz does too. And as much as I don't want to let her go and let her fly, I can't keep her wings tied forever. So today, I let her fly...she soared and soaked up every second of her first day of school. And when I went to pick her up, she ran to me with open arms and so much pride on her face. I scooped her up, held her tight and realized that although I never have to let go of her, I do need to let her fly sometimes.
My baby girl attended her first day of school and to say it was a success would be a huge understatement. She loved it. Took it all in. And didn't want to leave. I am one proud Mama.


my girl.

kenz and ella (bff)



a farewell hug from little brother...


walking to the classroom with Daddy

drawing within 1 minute of entering the classroom (she had a really tough time adjusting) :)

our family.

proud little brother sneaking in a turn on the slide.
I am so glad she loved it and I am so glad that you did good too!
ReplyDelete