I never want to forget...
Tonight after we said our prayer at the dinner table (which usually consists of thanking God for our food, our family, our home and reminding Him that she (Kenz) doesn't want to sleep in her room), Kenz said "Oh wait! We forgot something...(pause) no more salad for dinner please, God." :)
Last night while playing together in the loft, Luke grabbed my face and said "Mama, tiss (kiss)" and kissed me on the lips. Oh, how I love that boy and his sweetness.
A few days ago, Kenz said to me: "Hey, Mama? I think God is sweeping the sky right now." The sky was bright blue, and there were big, fluffy white clouds scattered all throughout. I love that my (almost) 4 year old makes reference to God and is slowly beginning to understand that He is the creator of all things. And that He is even in charge of sweeping the clouds in the sky. :)
Most of you that know me well, know I have a great memory. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing gift, but I know that it's impossible to remember every single little detail of every single day. Especially 20 years from now! I want to be able to share these moments with my kids when they're older. I want them to know what an incredible life we live. And most of all, I want them to know how very much I love them and how proud I am to be their Mama. Every moment I have with them is one to treasure, but it's moments like these I never want to forget.
and that, my friend, is the reason I blog as well! I really like this post!
ReplyDeleteawww...she is tired of salad! time to change it up!
ReplyDeletethat is exactly why i started my blog. i wanted to be able to share these special moments with deegan and my future children.