all because two people fell in love...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

blah.

I've just been feeling kind of blah the past week or so. My blog hasn't had much content, my crafting has been limited, we're all fighting off this horrible virus (which we thankfully got some answers to today), and my house is in shambles. We have literally been home for 6 days in a row (with the exception of quick outings to pick up food, visit the doctor, or go to the pharmacy) and I have had ZERO energy to do absolutely anything. I feel like a horrible mother, I can't remember the last meal I cooked for my family (I'm not talking about scrambled eggs or waffles), and I'm extremely irritable. We've had a rough week to say the least and today was just the icing on the cake. I finally got to the point where I was tired of feeling so sick and needed to go see my doctor. So I did. Bronchitis and a sinus infection. Lovely. Just what I wanted in the dead heat of summer! Once she diagnosed me, it occurred to me that Luke's cough sounded very similar to mine. Funny, he was just at the doctor yesterday and wasn't diagnosed with anything other than having a "viral infection." I decided to take him back to the doctor for a recheck. Sure enough, in 24 hours time, he had developed pneumonia and bronchitis. Can you say stressful? We've spent 5 hours visiting doctors offices, going to the hospital and going back and forth to the pharmacy in just two days time. It's exhausting. I wanted to just fall over earlier in the day because I didn't know if I had it in me to keep going. But somehow I managed. My family is my world. They're the reason I wake up every single day. I HAD to keep going for them. Being a Mother can be difficult, almost impossible at times. Yet somehow we find the strength to overcome any obstacle to get the job done. I don't know what I would have done the first couple of days if Bryan hadn't been home to help. He cooked numerous meals and cleaned the kitchen, and helped us all so much by just being home. Thank you hunny. You really are the best!

Amazing how I'm feeling more uplifted and inspired after writing this. Blah? Yes. But tomorrow is a new day and something tells me it's going to be a good one. I love drawing strength and inspiration from quotes. Here are two favorites of mine:

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." -Unknown

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Thank you to those of you who have checked in on us this past week and offered to help in any way you could. We really appreciate it and it means so much to us. I promise I will keep my chin up and get back on the blog regularly. My goal is to get our Morro Bay trip blogged tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment