all because two people fell in love...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Treasure Tuesday

Well I finally managed to find time to do some crafting! Not a whole lot, but it beats the alternative of what's been going on the past few weeks which is no time for crafting at all! Kenz and I spent a couple of hours mod podging wooden letters and making a photo board yesterday. I love that she enjoys working on projects as much as I do and she doesn't get bored with it!

 Here is my "F" which represents our family name. I purchased the wooden F in the dollar section at Michaels along with some scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. I ripped the paper into small pieces, applied a layer of Mod Podge to the letter, placed the pieces of paper where I wanted them, then added a few more layers of Mod Podge over the paper (allowing each coat to dry in between). Kenz did the same to an "m" and did a fantastic job! I love how proud of herself she was when she finished. I was able to make two letters for under $10 and still have a ton of paper and 3/4 of a bottle of Mod Podge left over for next time!
 Here is the photo board I made for my beach inspired bedroom. I found the burlap fabric and rope in the craft section at Super Walmart and purchased the board from Michaels dollar section (which was actually $5). This project cost me less than $10 and it goes perfectly in my room!
my little artist. :)

1 comment:

  1. awesome! Ive been wanting to do letters like this for a long time and have never gotten around to it. great idea!

    ReplyDelete