Well, we're back from our very first, successful might I add, family vacation...We spent 4 days in Seattle, Washington and what a wonderful 4 days it was! Our flight was about two and a half hours there and the kids both did great. Luke slept for about 45 minutes after fussing for about 10 minutes or so and was fine the rest of the flight. Kenz did wonderfully the whole flight watching movies, looking out the window, reading and coloring. We arrived in the afternoon and spent the remainder of our day buying food for the house and enjoying the view from our quaint little beach cottage in Puget Sound.
Thursday we spent the day in downtown Seattle checking everything out. It was a really cool place and there was a lot to see and do. We took the monorail from the heart of downtown to Seattle Center where they have the space needle, a children's museum and a carnival type area with rides, games, etc... Kenz rode the carousel a couple of times and then we spent some time at the children's museum. I have to say I've never seen anything quite like it...They had at least 30 different rooms/sections that were all different themes (i.e. a kid sized grocery store, a firehouse, a library, several restaurants, an art room, and a room representing just about every country). Definitely a place you could spend an entire day and probably even go back again the next! Kenz loved it and had such a great time exploring all of the different rooms (see pictures).
On Friday we took the ferry across to Bainbridge Island. Bryan and I decided a few years ago that we would travel to different small towns over the next ten years or so to hopefully find a place where we will reside in twenty years when he retires and our kids are in college. Well, Bainbridge Island is definitely a place we're keeping on the list. It is a town (well, island really) of about 20,000 people and it is absolutely gorgeous...Everything about it. The pictures you'll see of houses were all captured during our visit to Bainbridge Island. All I can say is that it is now one of three places we'd consider living (the other two are Canmore, Canada and Cannon Beach, Oregon). We spent the rest of Friday evening driving around the "college town" part of Seattle and pointing out the coffeehouses on every corner. :)
Saturday we woke up to the most beautiful weather...55 degrees, fresh, crisp ocean air, blue skies and beautiful sunshine. Bryan and I share our love of the "perfect" weather with one another and agreed we might actually enjoy living in L.A. if we had more weather like that. We were sad to say goodbye, but it definitely won't be our last trip there.
Our flight home was uneventful. Except for the fact that 5 different people complimented how well our children did! :) Such a great way to end our amazing trip!
Due to the fact I took over 300 pictures on our trip, I've uploaded our pictures to a viewing gallery rather than choosing just a few to share. If you have time and are interested, you can check out our photos by clicking on the link below. Enjoy!
http://weelittlefeet.smugmug.com/Other/Seattle/10089469_FkAQX#692465396_sreeL
Glad you had such an amazing time! Love your photos. My favorite aunt and uncle (and cousins) live nearby so I've had many great trips up there. They like to vacation in Cannon Beach! :)
ReplyDeletelooks like a super fun trip! I love that area. So glad you guys had a good time :)
ReplyDeletemaybe if you guys move to seattle, Em will let us move up there too!
ReplyDelete