Didn't I just post that Luke was 8 months old like a week ago? Well now he's 9 months and he has changed so much since last month. He is officially crawling everywhere now. :) He still isn't really quick, but I imagine in a week or so that's going to change. He FINALLY got his first tooth! After months and months of teething, his bottom right tooth finally broke through. He's got Kenz beat on the teething (she was just shy of 1 when her first pearly white appeared). He is saying mama, but other than screaming and blowing raspberries that is the only word he says. :) He adores his big sister more than anyone or anything (except maybe me, but I'm the "milk machine" so that would make sense). Every time she comes back into the room, their first greeting in the morning, or when they wake up from nap time and see each other, he just turns himself inside out with excitement. Kenz returns the love by being such an incredible big sister. She always helps Luke get what he wants...whether it be more puffs, a toy he can't quite reach, or his paci, she's always right there to make it all better. I don't think he or I could have asked for a better role model as a big sister. She is constantly making him laugh out loud and they just feed off of one another throughout the day. I am in awe every single day of how adorable they are together and can't help but to sit back and admire them with a great big smile. He continues to be one of the happiest, most friendly babies I've ever known. Although he's now old enough to voice his opinion about things, he is genuinely happy and up for just about anything. I was just smiling to myself the other day thinking about how blessed I am to have such beautiful, healthy, happy children. I can only hope it is a reflection of me as their mother. :) Luke is now eating 3 solid meals a day and still nurses every 3-4 hours during the day. Yep, he's my little piggy. :) And the fact that he weighs close to 23 lbs. confirms it! He LOVES yogurt and pitches a fit when it's gone. I'm convinced he would consume an entire 6 pack in one sitting if I let him. He is finally sleeping better at night. He'll nurse around midnight, go back to sleep until 5 or 6, nurse again and then go back to sleep until his sister wakes him up (usually around 7).
Every day my kids get a day older and I get a little bit more sad, but a lot more proud. I thank God (and my husband) all the time for allowing me the opportunity to be home with them. I don't miss a thing and yet it's still hard to watch them grow up. Being a Mommy is truly life's greatest gift and I wouldn't change a thing. I can't believe that in 3 short months, my baby girl will be 3 and my son will be a year old. I am so excited for what the future holds for each of them and cannot wait to build even more unforgettable memories together as a family. I have an amazing, kind, loving, supportive husband and 2 precious treasures whom I love more than anything in the world.
Happy 9 months Lukey! We Love You and your Sissy more than either of you will ever know.
P.S. Could you stop growing up so fast? Please?
happy 9 month birthday Luke! We are happy to know you!
ReplyDeleteAww.. What a handsome little guy! I can't believe he is that old already. It seems like yesterday you were talking about trying to get pregnant again.
ReplyDeleteHappy 9 months Luke!!! We love you!
ReplyDeleteHappy 9 months Luke! Great post! Your writing like well as your picture taking is simply AMAZING.
ReplyDeletehappy 9 months sweet, handsome, beautiful boy!!!
ReplyDelete