I've learned a lot this past week...I'm hoping it will help me be more patient, less paranoid and above all, a better Mommy. About a week ago Luke started crawling, and about a week ago my blood pressure increased drastically (just kidding). I now have two mobile ones to keep an eye on (one of which is a boy, but I'll get to that in a minute). My days of leaving Luke on the bed while I fold laundry, play with Kenz, or take a shower are long gone. It's funny because just when Kenz started becoming more independent (coloring by herself, doing puzzles, watching movies, reading books, etc...), Luke became more high maintenence. It's not a bad thing, just challenging sometimes. With his new mobility comes getting into trouble, pestering his sister while she colors so nicely by herself, and injuries. In the past week alone he has crawled into numerous different objects, attempted to pull himself up on those objects and fallen, bumped his head, pinched his finger and pulled my camera on top of himself. Let me just add that I was within an arms reach during all of these incidents. My point is, he's a boy. He's rough and tough. He's persistent and he has an attitude like no other. Sometimes it's funny. Other times it's frustrating because he can't communicate with me. He has taught me through all of this to lighten up a little bit. I have accepted the fact that he's going to hurt himself and no matter how hard I try to prevent it or how paranoid I am, it's going to happen. For those of you that know me well, you know that I am the crazy Mom that follows 6" behind my child throughout the entire park just in case they fall down. Hey, you can never be too safe, right?! I am continuing to learn the differences between boys and girls as Lukey gets older. It's interesting the differences that are hard wired in each of them from birth. So, here's a picture of my adorable little guy with his first major "boo boo." Let's hope it doesn't leave a scar. But then again, chicks dig scars, right?!


he looks soo big!!!!
ReplyDeleteThey sure do help us to grow as human beings, don't they? Great post. :) And adorable photos.
ReplyDelete