all because two people fell in love...

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Say what???

Most of you are aware of the fact that we're sick...again. Twice in one month. Bad. Really bad. Especially for us, considering we're rarely (if ever) sick. The day after Luke's birthday party, Kenz got a runny nose. No big deal, right? I figured she was getting a cold and that it would pass in a few days. I did what I could to prevent Luke and I from catching her cold and by that Wednesday I thought we were out of the woods. That was until Kenz started running a fever and Luke wound up with a fever two days later. So much for keeping him healthy. Two days after that...you guessed it, I was sick too. So, here we are just shy of the two week mark of when Kenz originally got sick. What started out as "the common cold" has managed to fester into bronchitis for Mackenzie, which means twice a day breathing treatments as well as antibiotics. She's taking it like a champ and doesn't mind doing to breathing treatments at all. Thank God. Can you imagine having to force a 3 year old to hold a mask over her face for 5 minutes, twice a day? Just another reason I love her so much...she's pretty darn easygoing. Luke has had a fever for 9 days now and after about day 4 I began questioning the doctor. If it was just a "cold," then why was he still having a temp of 100-101 degrees? After several doctors visits and multiple phone calls last week, I took Luke in for a chest x-ray. Sure enough...pneumonia. My worst nightmare. Thankfully it is a very mild case and his treatment of antibiotics should knock it out without a problem. I guess my persistence paid off. And as if taking care of two sick children isn't enough, my cold has turned into a sinus infection. Awesome! (can you sense the sarcasm?) Just when you think things can't get much worse and then they do. On a good note (and the whole premise for this post), my kids are amazing and have been through all of this mess. They are acting completely normal. Happy, hungry, playful, sleeping well, etc...In fact, if it wasn't for their awful sounding coughs you'd never know they were sick. I am SO grateful they've handled it so well and even more thankful they finally seem to be getting better. We've definitely paid our sick dues and hopefully God will keep us healthy for a long while after this is over and gone. Bry has managed to stay healthy, although he was stuck at work Wednesday-Friday so he was far enough away, that we couldn't sneeze and cough all over him!

Here are a few pictures of my "sick" kids...Like I said, you'd never know they were sick by just looking at them. They are in good spirits and are having as much fun stuck at home as they would be any other time. I can't wait (and I'm sure they can't either) to take them to the park when they're all better! Please keep us in your prayers as we continue on the road to recovery...We're getting there but we still have a little ways to go! Lots of love to all. xoxo


Luke texting Dr. Brian to get the results of his chest x-ray (I'm kidding)


He loves to push things...why not push Kenz around in a stroller?!

More stroller fun!

My gorgeous girl watching the rain...

1 comment:

  1. I am bummed for you that they (and you!) have been so sick. I am so glad that they were in good spirits though. Wishing you all a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete