all because two people fell in love...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Little Boy!

Lukey,

Where do I even begin? To say you have changed our life in so many ways would be an understatement...of course all in good ways! Your Daddy, Sissy and I adore you more than you will ever know. This past year has brought more joy to our lives than ever before and it's all because of you and Kenzie! I can't believe you are one year old already...it seems like yesterday you were in my belly and now you're ONE! You are such a joy to be around--always smiling, always entertaining. And how could I forget...always hungry! You're a boy...a growing boy at that. I guess it's normal for you to clean out the refrigerator, I just didn't expect you to do it at such a young age! You have such a fun personality...You love to act silly and make people laugh--getting a rise only encourages you to do it more! You have the biggest, most magical brown eyes I've ever seen. You have already had 7 haircuts! (I know it seems excessive, but what can I say? You have good genes and a Mommy who isn't a fan of the "shag" hairdo :). You are so smart (just like your big sister) and have already figured out so much about the world around you. You understand when we tell you something and respond appropriately by either smiling, laughing, clapping, screaming, or crying. You love standing up and pushing anything that moves (wheels or not, you get it to glide) but you're not really interested in walking by yourself yet. I'm actually quite surprised--you are such a determined little guy, I thought for sure you'd be running all over the house by your first birthday. It's okay though...you can walk when you're good and ready! Currently you have 3 teeth and a 4th one on its way. You love animals and balloons, and make it very clear that you've spotted one when you do. Much to my dismay you're a climber--it doesn't matter what it is, you try to climb it. Please do me a favor and save the ER visits until you're MUCH older...Please? :) One of your favorite things to do is "drive." Real, fake, small or large, you LOVE holding onto a steering wheel--doesn't matter to you as long as you can grab on with two hands! There are probably a million other things I could write about you in this letter...in fact, I could go on forever. But I won't...I'll save some for next time. :) Just know that we love you and adore every little thing about you. Keep smiling those great big smiles, playing "blinkies" with your big, sparkling brown eyes, and following in the footsteps of your big sister (except for maybe the tantrums, whining, talking back, etc...;). She is definitely a good one to follow.

Happy, Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet, happy, silly, snuggly, lovable little guy!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday LUKE! I seriously can't believe a whole year has gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to a wonderful little boy! Xoxo
    Anna, Rylee and Shelby

    ReplyDelete