all because two people fell in love...

Sunday, July 11, 2010

ten on tuesday

1. We're moving! And I've been waiting a whole month to blog about it!


2. So, the story goes a little something like this...One of the agents in Bry's office sent out an email asking if anyone had any leads on a 4 bedroom, 3 bath home with an upgraded kitchen in Saugus. Umm...as a matter of fact we do. Our house wasn't on the market, but Bry told the agent she was welcome to show it. Long story short, her clients came to see it and made an offer the next day. Meanwhile, we attended an open house in Northbridge (where we've always wanted to live) and fell in love with our "dream home." We made an offer and it was accepted the next day. And now here we are...

3. I'm pretty sure I've never seen so many packed boxes in one house in my life.

exhibit a:

exhibit b:


4. I'd be lying if I said we were ALL thrilled about moving...



5. About that whole being thrilled thing...Bryan and I couldn't be happier. This is what we've always wanted...for us, for the kids, for our family. It's finally happening! Kenz on the other hand...She hasn't been taking it in stride like she normally does with things. She's had a rough week (with all the talk of moving and packing going on). She's mentioned several times that she doesn't want to leave this house. She asks why we're leaving (i.e. this house is too old?, why are we going to leave this house?, etc...). I have horrible guilt over her being upset, but I know it's only temporary. The new house has SO much more for the kids. A play room, 2 community pools, a park, walking distance to a shopping center, a big back yard, a cul-de-sac so they can actually play out front now, and so much more. I know once we settle in and she see's all of "our" things in the new house, she'll be fine. She gets really excited when we talk about her new ballerina room (that's what her new room will be), the play room and the pool. I just know she's going to love it and she'll forget all about this week once we're all moved in. I asked her Dr. about it and he said it's completely normal for kids to act out and have sleep disruptions before, during and after a move. I definitely felt some relief hearing that! Luke doesn't really seem affected by all of this. I anticipate some sleep disruptions with him once we move, but I don't think he'll have any other problems. I can't wait to get into the new house so we can all settle in and be happy! Speaking of...we moved out yesterday and we'll move into the new house on Friday. We get our keys tomorrow, but we're having some work done so we won't actually live there until Friday.

6. I'm pretty sure my husband is the greatest man alive. Without fail, he always makes things happen. Always. And this is just one of the many reasons I love him so much and am so proud to call him MINE. He really is amazing. Thank you Bry for doing all that you do and for making this possible. And for working so hard to allow us the opportunity to live in our dream house.

7. Being in limbo and without a home is a strange feeling...Not in a scary way because I know we have a home, but in an awkward, uncomfortable, yet kinda nice I don't have a house to clean kind of way. :)

8. We are staying with Bryan's Mum for a few nights until the work is finished on the new house. She lives locally and so it allows us to keep as much "normalcy" in the kids routines as possible. Thank you Mum for allowing us to crash at your house and intrude on your daily routine! And thank you to everyone who's offered us help and a place to stay!

9. I can't wait to walk into our house tomorrow (sans previous owners furniture, decorations, etc...)!


10. I decided the kids and I needed a day of fun, away from the craziness of packing and moving. Not to mention the lovely 95 degree heat we've been having, which makes playing outside not so enjoyable. So, today we spent the day in Ventura. 74 degrees and absolutely perfect. I had one of the most enjoyable days I've had in a while. We spent a couple of hours at the beach, then had lunch at the mall and did a little shopping. We finished off the day with a scoop of mint cookies & cream ice cream from McConnell's (which if you haven't tried, you need to drive there immediately). By far the BEST ice cream I've ever had...EVER! It's off of Main St. in Ventura (off the 101). I took a ton of pictures today but my internet access here is limited so I'll post the pictures later in the week.

3 comments:

  1. yay! so excited for you guys! Cant wait to see you guys again Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jaimie! SO excited for you and your little family! I'm really impressed that with so much going on (2 little kids AND moving?!) you still have time to blog. You're a rockstar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an exciting time for you all! I hope you all settle in quickly and continue to love your new home! :)

    ReplyDelete