all because two people fell in love...

Friday, April 8, 2011

two.

To my sweet boy,

This time two years ago (as I write this) I was on my way to the hospital with your Daddy to bring you into this world. You weren't quite ready yet, so I walked circles around the hospital for two hours. You still weren't quite ready, but we were at the hospital, it was 4 a.m. and I was exhausted to say the least. The doctor gave me some medicine to get things moving and man did things move! I tried to tough it out and fight off the pain, but I couldn't do it. I got an epidural and after some positioning, a little bit of waiting and a lot of pushing, there you were...in my arms, your face forever embedded in my mind and my heart forever in love with you. You weren't ready the night before because it wasn't "right." Knowing more of your personality now, I know you like for things to be just right. You wanted to share your special day with Mommy and Daddy's special day! We feel so blessed to be able to share our anniversary with you. It will always be a VERY special day in our home, and yes your birthday will always take priority over our anniversary. That's just how we do things around here. :)

You've grown and changed so much in the past two years, but mostly in the past 6 months or so. Your personality has really blossomed and you're not afraid to show it. You are such a sweet, happy, loving boy, always so gentle and affectionate. You are friendly, but shy with unfamiliar faces. You admire your big sister more than anyone and mimic her like it's going out of style...and man do you LOVE her stuff! You're always wearing her shoes, or playing with her toys. She doesn't always like it, but because you two get along so well and because she's such an amazing big sister, you usually get your way. Besides her stuff, you LOVE my camera. We have a few toy cameras, including one that actually takes digital pictures, but you want the real thing. You actually know how to hold and use my big Canon and the pictures turn out even! That makes me proud! :) You've recently discovered a little thing called independence and you have quickly learned how to exercise it. In fact, you no longer want me to put your diaper on, get you dressed, help you get in and out of the bathtub, or snap your buckles. You want to do it all by yourself. The problem is...well, you're only 2 and you aren't quite capable of doing all of those things on your own just yet. But don't worry...you'll be there soon. Too soon. You're no longer a baby and that makes me sad. I really, really, REALLY love having a baby in the house and you are so eager to be "big" like your Sissy, you've surpassed just about all things baby. The past couple of weeks or so you've started to show your temper. I never knew you had one because you've always been so mild-tempered and easy going. You're still very easy going, but you've learned that you have a say in things and let me tell you when things aren't going you're way, you are NOT a happy guy! I recall your sister going through a similar phase around this same age so I'm not too worried about it but there's no doubt you're in the midst of the terrible twos. You are the king of redemption though. You can frustrate me and then literally charm me to pieces just two minutes later. I'm not writing this to make it sound like you're a naughty boy (although you can be at times). You really are a good boy and I'm aware I have it pretty easy in comparison. I just want you to know what you were like as a young boy. When you're older and have children of your own, I want you to be able to look back and remember these times. They say children don't have much memory of their childhood prior to 5 years old, so I pour my heart and soul into this blog so that you and your sister will have these memories. I want you to know how cute your little voice is and that I often ask you to repeat things you say just so I can hear you say specific words that sound so sweet and adorable. I want you to know what a little love you are and that you frequently initiate kisses and hugs. You are completely and utterly obsessed with all things Mickey Mouse. Often times when we are out running errands, you ask to "go home, watch Mickey." Or to "go disneyland, see mickey, see goofoo." I think it's the sweetest thing and I promise I'll never get tired of watching Mickey with you, or taking you to Disneyland. I live for those moments. I live for you and your sister and your Daddy. Every moment of every day. I can't imagine life any other way. I do miss my days of sleeping in til 8, but somehow being woken up to train tracks and a remote control in my face makes it all worth it. You wake up, jump (literally) out of bed, remote in hand and demand to watch Mickey "teeeeease?" (please). I think I could write for days on end, but then I might continue to ramble so I'll close with this...You are my little boy. I love you with every last ounce of my being. Unconditionally. And I always will, no matter what. You make me so proud to be your Mama and impress me every single day with your intelligence, humor, and desire to learn. Just the other night during dinner, you sat across the table looking down at your plate and counted the pieces of fruit on your plate. From 1-13. Didn't skip a number. I was both flabbergasted and overjoyed. You never fail to amaze me. Every single day. Three things are for sure: you will always have my heart, I'm a sucker for those big brown eyes, and I will ALWAYS be your Mama. Forever. I wa woo (love you) sweet boy. To infinity and beyond. :)

Happy 2nd Birthday little boy!

Love,

Mama





1 comment:

  1. happy birthday to a sweet, wonderful little boy (just a little late!) love rylee, anna and shelby :)

    ReplyDelete