all because two people fell in love...

Friday, April 8, 2011

an unforgettable day.

April 8th will always be an important day in our home. Today was that day. And it was an unforgettable one to say the least. Bryan and I celebrated 5 years of marriage together, and Lukey turned 2. We started the morning off with some Mickey and Minnie apple-cinnamon pancakes (Lukey's favorite), several episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and some choo-choo train track building. Just what the birthday boy ordered. :) Since Bry was scheduled to work today, we decided to take a trip to the fire station to visit him. We were able to spend some quality time together, and the kids had a wonderful time playing on the fire truck. I knew going there would make Lukey's day. We went for a ride on the engine and the kids of course LOVED it! Kenz had been before, but it was a while ago so I don't think she even remembered. Luke's face was lit up the entire time we were there, and he couldn't seem to get enough. Every time he sees a fire truck he refers to it as "Daddy's fire truck" so it was nice to finally share the real deal with him. I know it meant a lot to Bry too. We came back home in the late afternoon, took Kenz to her first tee ball practice (another post on that tomorrow), then came home for a pasta dinner (another Lukey favorite). After dinner, we video chatted with Bry and we all sang Happy Birthday to Luke. I'm so glad that Bry was able to join us, even from afar. Technology is really handy these days! Thankful for that! Both of the kids enjoyed some cake, a bath, and a Mickey book (are you seeing a pattern yet?) before they drifted off into a sweet slumber. It was a simple day...nothing fancy, but I like that. It was fun, memorable, and full of love and laughter. Now that's an unforgettable day if you ask me. :)





























No comments:

Post a Comment