all because two people fell in love...

Sunday, April 17, 2011

a week in pictures.

As most of you know, I take a lot of pictures. And when I say a lot, I mean like hundreds per week. What do I do with all of them, you ask? Well, I have them all stored in a photo program on my mac, backed up onto an external hard drive, and saved onto multiple cd's. You can never be too careful, right? ;) And the best of the best...well, they get published right here. I have high hopes that someday I'll have the time to edit all four hundred some odd posts into blog books. Two copies of each. One for Kenz, one for Luke. It'll happen...it's just that blog book editing isn't in the cards right now. I started in on it about a month ago and quickly realized that 30 minutes of editing per blog post just wasn't going to happen. Not now anyway. I digress...

Back to the post...last week was very busy, very eventful, and very exhausting. Lots of fun, lots of sun, and lots of great memories created. I have 50+ pictures to post and I figured the easiest, most practical way of doing so was to share our 'week in pictures' all at once. So here they are...



We spent last Monday at Disneyland with Daddy and Goga. What a special treat!
 "Hey Minnie, look at my shirt!"




 "m i c tay e y, m o o s eeee." I smile every time he sings it. Some things never get old.






We had our 4th annual Easter egg hunt at the park. I can't believe this was our 4th one! I had a lot of fun putting together these last minute decorations. It was so windy at the park though, half of them were hardly visible while flapping in the wind. 






 Kenz and her friend Kai-Lynn

 Lukey trying to keep up with the big boys...
 cupcake # 2 (of 3). Turns out this little guy is a sneaky one. Mama turns around to talk to someone, he grabs another cupcake, eats the frosting off of it, then helps himself to another one!

 my loves.
 Lukey and his friend Taylor (Tay-tay as he calls her)



My little tee ball star! She LOVES it so much and doesn't want practice to end. Every day she asks me if she has tee ball practice and I think she must have used the words "tee ball" at least 100 times the past two days. I can't wait for her first game!







I took the kids to have bunny portraits done with another local photographer this weekend. I normally don't take them elsewhere for portraits as I prefer to do them myself, but Mitzi does special holiday themed mini-sessions for each holiday. For the past 3 years I've been eyeballing her bunny sessions and have wanted some done of my own kids. Well I finally did it. The pictures turned out even cuter than I imagined they would. I can't wait to share them with everyone, but until I purchase the cd, I don't have the images to share. Stay tuned...I promise to post them soon! After all, Easter is one week from today!

 We had a fun play date at a friends house, which quickly turned into three giddy little kids feeding caterpillars. You know...because they like apples, strawberries, oranges and leaves. Just read the book 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' by Eric Carle.





 Sunday dinners are my favorite. Amazing family, best friends, and delicious food! Tonight we made carne asada tacos, homemade spanish rice, chips and guacamole, and chocolate covered strawberries of course! Pure delight. All of it.






Definitely a great week, but without a doubt one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. We spent so much quality time together this weekend, my heart is overflowing with love and happiness. I adore the time we spend together and cherish every single minute of it. Live, Laugh, Love.

1 comment: